CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 12, 2010

Staying just a little granola in the desert


We are getting settled in AZ (as settled as you can get in a tiny rental). We are adjusting to the lack of green trees here, but we are focusing on the beauty of the desert that I have known all my life. I think Isabella has pointed out EVERY cactus she sees! All this to say...we will always be a little WA "granola".

I look at recycling differently now, seems like AZ doesn't really stress the need. I have already been trying to come up with a plan to collect rain water run off to water plants with (you know when the 3 days a year of rain happen). I also crave granola! My wonderful friend Becky was kind enough to share her family treasure with me....

I hope she doesn't mind that I share it!

8 cups uncooked oatmeal
3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup oil
1/3 cup water
1tbs vanilla
1/2-1 cup coconut shreds
1 cup chopped almonds

* 2 cups dried fruit (after oven)

Mix well in bowl. Heat oven 225 degrees, lay on flat baking sheet. Stir every 20 minutes. Bake up to 3 hours.

It will start to turn golden brown. Shut off oven & add dried fruit. Leave in oven til next day.

Makes aprox 13 cups of mix!



Thank you Becky for helping the Rachi family remain just a little bit granola here in AZ!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that you posted the recipe! Everyone should have it and I am glad you are missing it here just a little! we sure miss you guys! Let's talk soon! I will call you later this week:) Give the girl's a big hug from me!