CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 5, 2010

Sewing letters for the playroom!

I have wanted letters on the walls for a LONG TIME in the playroom (dining room, but i didnt know whati really wanted. Then while i was blog stalking one day i saw some that were sewn with felt. I FELL IN LOVE!!! Being crafty like i am there was really no way i was going to buy them from the ETSY account (sorry) i wanted the satisfaction of making them! So with G-ma James (MIMI) on her way to visit it was PERFECT!!
We searched HIGH and low on-line for the perfect (free) letters and we found these. We cut them outand pinned them on 2 pieces of felt. Then we cut out each letter then sewed them together on the machine.
I opted to leave them each on their own and i hot glued a push pin on the back! The girls LOVE having the letters on the wall! I decided to do the lower case letters cause they look more playful to me....but Bella was a little confusd and asked me why there were 2 e's!

The a is different font than she is used to seeing. So we are learning about upper and lower case!

2 comments:

Pining for Pinterest said...

That is such a great idea!

Unknown said...

You made them! They turned out great!!